- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.5 and later
The application loader tool is installed with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. It allows BlackBerry smartphone users to install software on their smartphones. By installing the BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device Software on a shared computer, the application loader tool can be used to install the BlackBerry Device Software on multiple smartphones over the wired network. The administrator sets up the shared computer and provides users with a link to the application loader tool. This technique can be used to install BlackBerry Device Software.
Note: The BlackBerry® Device Manager must be installed on the user's computer. The BlackBerry Device Manager is availabe by installing the BlackBerry Desktop Software or the BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers available at www.blackberry.com.
To install the BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool in automated mode, complete the following tasks:
- The administrator sets up the shared computer and provides access to the application loader tool.
- The BlackBerry smartphone user installs the BlackBerry Device Software.
Task 1 - Set up the shared computer and provide access to the application loader tool
The system administrator must complete the following steps:
- Install a version of BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.5 or later on a shared computer.
Note: The version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software must be equal to or later than the version of BlackBerry Device Software that is installed on the smartphone.
- Install the BlackBerry Device Software on the shared computer. This is the software that will be loaded on the smartphones.
Share the Research In Motion folder in the following location:
<drive:>\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
Run the following command from a user's computer to start the application loader tool in automated mode:
“\\<shared_computer_name>\Research In Motion\Apploader\loader.exe” /defaultusb /forceload
Note: The command can be run using a batch file or from a command prompt/run menu.
Task 2 - Install the BlackBerry Device Software
Each user must complete the following steps:
- Verify that BlackBerry Device Manager is installed on the computer.
- Connect the smartphone to the computer.
- Click the link to the application loader tool (by the system administrator).
Note: The application loader tool connects to the first available smartphone that is connected to the computer. The Application Loader Wizard appears as the BlackBerry Device Software begins to install.
- If the Device provisioning screen appears (shown below), select the option for your messaging and collaboration server (for example, Microsoft® Exchange or IBM® Lotus® Domino®), then click Next.
Note: The Device provisioning screen appears if the application loader tool is unable to access information about the user’s messaging server. To automate this step, see the Automating the Device Provisioning Screen .
The BlackBerry Device Software is loaded onto the smartphone.
Warning: Do not disconnect the smartphone until the process is complete.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish to close the Application Loader Wizard.
Warning: A procedure in this article involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Windows® operating system. Document and back up the registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
To automate the Device provisioning screen so that it does not appear during the software installation process, one of the following requirements must be met:
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager must be installed on the user’s computer
- If the BlackBerry smartphone user is running Microsoft® Outlook®, the following conditions must be met:
- The user has access to the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile.
- The following registry entry is present in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
Name Type Value MAPIProfile REG_SZ <name of BlackBerry Smartphone user’s MAPI profile>
- If the user is running IBM® Lotus Notes, the following conditions must be met:
- The Lotus Notes application is running with password sharing turned on.
- The following registry entries are present in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
Name Type Value NotesServer REG_SZ
<name of BlackBerry smartphone user’s BlackBerry Enterprise Server>
<0 or 1> where
0 = use default Notes INI file
1 = specify location for Notes INI file
<location of Notes INI file>
- only required if previous setting is ‘1’
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.