- BlackBerry Desktop Software
- BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 7 OS and earlier
BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device Manager may not detect a USB connected BlackBerry smartphone.
First, to confirm whether Windows is detecting the smartphone, see KB28440.
If Windows does not detect the smartphone, see the following KB articles:
- KB28443 - There is a potential issue with the computer's USB port or the USB cable
- KB28444 - The BlackBerry smartphone is not directly connected to the system and may be connected to a USB hub or docking station
If Windows detects the smartphone but BlackBerry Desktop Software does not, see the following KB articles:
- KB13336 - The USB driver installed is for an earlier model of the BlackBerry smartphone
- KB13331 - Power Management is enabled on the system
- KB28456 - Selective Suspend is enabled on the system
- KB28458 - User Account Control is enabled on the system
- KB28457 - Administrative rights have not been correctly propagated to the BlackBerry Desktop Software
- KB28459 - A full version of Roxio Media Manager is installed on the system
- KB20598 - The computer's BIOS has an update available to resolve USB related issues
If the connectivity issues are not resolved by this article, contact your service provider for further assistance.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.