- BlackBerry 10
- BlackBerry Device Software
To register a BlackBerry 10 smartphone with the wireless network, complete the following steps:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down the quick access menu
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on About
- Tap on the Category dropdown menu
- Tap on Network from the dropdown menu
- Tap the Action Overflow button in the lower right hand corner marked by three vertical dots
- Tap on Register BlackBerry
To register a BlackBerry smartphone running Handheld software 7.1 and lower with the wireless network, complete the following steps:
Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the version of BlackBerry Device Software and the theme running on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options, or click Settings > Options.
- Complete the step associated with the appropriate version of BlackBerry Device Software:
For BlackBerry Device Software 6.0 to 7.1, perform the following steps:
Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table
For BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 5.0, perform the following steps:
Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
For BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 to 4.0.2:
Host Routing Table
BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 to 3.7:
BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 to 2.7:
- Press the Menu key and click Register Now.
Note: On some BlackBerry smartphones that run BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1, Register Now might be found as an option in the Network menu.
A BlackBerry Registration message should appear in the Messages folder when the device registers. A registration will be done when any of the following actions happen:
- A manual registration attempt has been completed following the steps listed above.
- The BlackBerry smartphone powers on for the first time after an application reload.
- The SIM card in the BlackBerry smartphone has been changed.
- The BlackBerry smartphone is roaming on another carrier.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.