- BlackBerry Desktop Software
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 to 5.0 SP4 for Microsoft Exchange
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 to 5.0 SP4 for IBM Lotus Domino
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 to 5.0 SP4 for Novell GroupWise
Level 1 Notifications are sent to the BlackBerry smartphone to indicate when important or urgent messages are sent. Use one of the following methods to define the notification filters to enable Level 1 Notifications to the BlackBerry smartphone:
Using the BlackBerry smartphone
Complete the following steps to configure a filter for the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Go to Messages > Options > Email Filters.
- Click New and specify the filter information.
- Set the Action field to Forward and select Level 1 Notification.
Note: This option may not apply to all versions of BlackBerry Device Software.
- Click Save.
Note: Custom email filters need to be moved up in the list for the Level 1 notification to work.
Using the BlackBerry Desktop Software
Complete the following steps to configure filters for specific email address domains:
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and double-click Redirector Settings (or Email Settings, depending on the version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager being using).
- Select the Filters tab and click New.
- Select the check box beside the From field.
- Type an email address domain in the From field.
For IBM Lotus Domino, type /organization@<messaging_server> *. An example of the syntax is organization_mail/organization@messaging_server*.
For Microsoft Exchange, type @<domain name>. An example of the syntax is @organization.com.
- Select the Forward with Level 1 Notification check box.
- Click OK > Apply > OK to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP4
To set filters at the user level:
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand User and click on Manage users
- Choose the user in the user list
- Click on the Default configuration
- Click on the E-mail tab
- Click on Edit user
- In the Email message filters section, specify the filter information
- Click on Forward email messages to the device, and put a check mark next to Forward with Level 1 notification
- Click Continue to user information edit
- Click Save all
To set filters at the global (server) level:
Note that this will affect all users on this server.
- In the BlackBerry Administration Service, on the Servers and components menu, expand BlackBerry Solution topology > BlackBerry Domain > Component view > Email
- Click on the instance to change.
- Click Edit instance.
- Under the Email message filters tab, specify the filter information.
- Click on Forward email messages to the device, and put a check mark next to Forward with Level 1 notification.
- Click on Save all.
Using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1
Complete the following steps to configure filters for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1:
- Select the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Select the BlackBerry smartphone user.
- Click Edit Properties > Filters.
- Click Filter Rules and create or edit an existing filter.
- Set the filter action to Forward.
- Set Forwarding Options to Level 1 Notification.
Using the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 to 4.0
Complete the following steps to configure filters for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 through 4.0:
- Right-click the BlackBerry smartphone user and select Properties.
- Select the Filters tab.
- Edit or create a new filter.
- Select the Level 1 Notification field.
The BlackBerry smartphone Profiles application specifies how the BlackBerry smartphone will notify of an incoming email message. If the profile for Level 1 notifications does not specify a unique type of notification such as Tone, Tone + Vibrate or Vibrate, the difference between a standard email message and an email message with Level 1 notification will not be evident.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.