- BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 to 6.0
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 to 5.0
During the enterprise activation process, an encryption key is created over the wireless network, the service books are pushed to the BlackBerry® smartphone, and the BlackBerry smartphone is configured to work with the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. At this point, the slow synchronization process begins.
The first part of the enterprise activation process was successful and the slow synchronization process begins but the status stops at the initialization stage, and the slow synchronization displays 0%.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server logs indicate that the first part of the enterprise activation process is completed but the message to start the slow synchronization protocol is not sent.
The Disable Wireless Bulk Loads IT policy is turned on, preventing the wireless slow synchronization process from completing.
Set the Disable Wireless Bulk Loads IT policy to False.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0:
- In the BlackBerry Manager, right-click the BlackBerry Enterprise Server name and click IT Policy.
- On the IT Policy settings for BlackBerry Server screen, click the Disable Wireless Bulk Loads IT policy name and click Edit.
- On the Edit IT Policy screen, clear the check box next to Disable Wireless Bulk Loads, click OK, and then click Yes.
- On the IT Policy settings for BlackBerry Server screen, click OK.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1:
- In the BlackBerry Manager, select BlackBerry Domain.
- On the Global tab, select Edit Properties.
- Select IT Policy.
- Click the button displayed in the IT Policies field.
- Select the required IT Policy and click the Properties button.
- Select the PIM Synchronization policy group.
- Select Disable Wireless Bulk Loads IT policy rule.
- Select False from the drop-down list.
- Click Apply then click OK.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0:
- Log into the BlackBerry Administration Service.
- On the BlackBerry solution management menu, expand Policy.
- Select Manage IT policies.
- Select the required IT policy.
- Select Edit IT Policy.
- Select the PIM Synchronization tab.
- Select No from the drop-down list for Disable Wireless Bulk Loads.
- Select Save All.
The Disable Wireless Bulk Loads IT policy is used to limit wireless network usage. If this policy is turned on, the enterprise activation process can be completed by connecting the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.