- BlackBerry Internet Service
- BlackBerry 6
- BlackBerry 7.1
Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account.
Under Services, click Email Accounts.
Click Set Up Account. Type the email address, password, and confirm the password of the account that you want to integrate.
Click Next. The integrated account appears under Your E-mail Accounts.
If the integration fails, you receive the following error message:
We were unable to configure this email account. Please tell us how you access your e-mail by selecting an option below.
This error can be caused by one of the following:
- The integration failed because you typed the wrong account information. Repeat steps 1 to 4.
- The integration is not complete because additional information is missing. Proceed to the following steps.
To continue the integration process, complete the following steps:
- Click Next.
- Select This is my work email account, and then click Next.
- Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, and then click Next.
- Select either This is my personal email account or This is my work email account, and then click Next.
- Under Internet Service Provider E-mail (POP/IMAP), select Automatically detect my Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express settings, and then click Next.
To automatically detect the email account information
- If email accounts are detected:
In the Select Email Account dialog box, select the email account(s) you would like to access.
If prompted with multiple Security Warning Dialog boxes during the download process, click Yes or OK to continue.
- If no email accounts are detected:
An error message will inform you that the BlackBerry Internet Service was unable to detect your email account(s).
Click OK to return to the Set Up An Existing Outlook / Outlook Express Account screen.
Click Next to manually specify the email account information.
To manually specify email account information
Enter your user name, password, email server, and email address.
Click OK to complete the integration.
Note: Security Warning dialog boxes may appear during the download process. Click Yes to close them.
If you choose to download, complete the following steps:
- Click Download. You can find the account with which you want to integrate on your Microsoft Outlook email client.
- Click Yes on the Security Warning to install and run the application.
- From the list, select the email accounts you want to access and click Continue.
- Type the password for the selected account and click Set Up Now. The integrated account should appear under Your E-mail Accounts.
- Verify your email address, user name, and password.
- Type the server name and select the Server type.
To integrate a Post Office Protocol (POP) email account using the Email Settings application from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
For BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7
After log in to BlackBerry ID account.
1. Open Setup on the BlackBerry smartphone.
2. Select Email Accounts.
3. Select Internet Mail Account.
4. Click Set up another email account.
5. Choose Other from the list of options.
6. Enter the Email Address and Email Password, then click Continue.
If the BlackBerry Internet Service gives the following error: Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists, contact domain.com, select I will provide the settings.
7. Select POP/IMAP (Most common) .
8. Enter the Email Server and User name, then press Continue.
The email account should then be successfully added.
Note: In some cases, I will provide the settings may not appear. To force this option to appear, enter an invalid email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org and an invalid password. Be sure to re-type the correct email and password once the advanced settings are made available.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.