- BlackBerry® Internet Service
- Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access 2010
- Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft® Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
When a Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access 2010 account is being associated with the BlackBerry® Internet Service, one of the following error messages appears:
Cannot connect to email server Please verify the Outlook Web Access URL. If the error persists contact <domain.com>. The account cannot be associated.
Invalid server name: Please verify the Outlook Web Access URL. If the error persists contact <domain.com>. The account cannot be associated.
Note: In some cases, the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account becomes associated with the BlackBerry Internet Service and then becomes invalid shortly afterward.
The Microsoft Outlook Web Access source server is using a Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway. While a Microsoft Exchange Server using TMG is supported with the BlackBerry Internet Service in it's default configuration, security configurations containing greater customization will prevent the validation and association of the email address.
To confirm that the Microsoft Outlook Web Access source server is using a Microsoft ISA Server, complete the following steps:
- Go to the web address of the Microsoft Outlook Web Access account (for example, https://webmail.<url_name>.com/exchange).
- The web address will change after redirection to the Microsoft Outlook Web Access login screen. If /CookieAuth.dll has been added to the web address, a Microsoft ISA Server is present.
Perform one of the following actions:
The following message will be displayed on the login web page for the Outlook Web Access account below the username and password fields:
Secured by Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.