- BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 to 7.1
- BlackBerry Device Software
- Palm Desktop Software 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.4, 4.1.4E, and 6.0.1
- Palm OS powered devices
- Windows Mobile powered devices
The Switch Device Wizard allows the BlackBerry smartphone user to perform the following procedures:
- Switch from one BlackBerry smartphone to another BlackBerry smartphone (all versions of BlackBerry Desktop Software)
- Switch from a Palm OS or Windows Mobile enabled device to a BlackBerry smartphone (BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2 to 5.0.1)
Switch from one BlackBerry smartphone to another BlackBerry smartphone
When switching from one BlackBerry smartphone to another BlackBerry smartphone, the Switch Device Wizard is designed to provide the following:
- Import messages, organizer data including the contact list and calendar, and options
- Import third-party applications
Note: Some third party applications might not be supported during the switch if you are moving to a BlackBerry smartphone with newer BlackBerry Device Software.
- Update the software on the BlackBerry smartphone if there is a newer version available at the time of performing the switch
- Provide the option to select the applications to add or remove to the switched BlackBerry smartphone.
Note: Third-party application migration is not supported on BlackBerry Device Software 3.8 and earlier
Switch from a Palm OS or Microsoft Windows Mobile enabled device to a BlackBerry smartphone
When switching from a Palm OS or Windows Mobile enabled device to a BlackBerry smartphone, the Switch Device Wizard is designed to import your organizer data, including contacts, memos, tasks, and calendar entries from a non-BlackBerry device to a BlackBerry smartphone.
The Switch Device Wizard will only transfer future appointments from the Palm Desktop Software to the BlackBerry smartphone. Past appointments, excluding recurring appointments, are not transferred to the BlackBerry smartphone. This is by design.
The Switch Device Wizard does not support Windows Mobile 6.0 devices.
The Switch Device Wizard only supports BlackBerry to BlackBerry transfer from version 6.0 onwards.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.