- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino®
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Novell® GroupWise®
While performing the enterprise activation process on a BlackBerry® smartphone, the following error message appears:
Some databases failed to synchronize: Address book
If the above error occurs, please follow the below checklist
1) Ensure that at least one of the following fields for the contact is populated(not blank)
2) Check that there are no special characters within the BlackBerry smartphone Address Book, IBM Lotus Notes address book, or Microsoft Outlook contact
Special characters include: () # $ @ ! & % " - , ^ " ; ,
3) For Novell GroupWise users, only the Display Name is populated
Check Novell GroupWise contacts for any entries that do not have a first name and last name. If there is a contact that does not have a first name and last name, type information into those fields.
Once this change is made, admin can synchronize the Address Book on the smartphone by performing the following steps:
- On the smartphone, open Address Book
- Display the menu and click Options
- Set Wireless Synchronization to No and then save the changes
- Open the Address Book Options screen again
- Set Wireless Synchronization to Yes and save the changes
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.