- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 to 5.0 SP3
If the password has been entered incorrectly a number of times, and is perhaps on the last attempt and at risk of deleting all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone, the following process can be used to reset the password. This will also reset the incorrect password count which is a maximum of 10 tries.
To reset the password in BlackBerry® Manager in a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 to 4.1 SP7 environment, follow these steps:
- Click the Explorer View button and click the server the BlackBerry smartphone user account is on.
- Select the Users tab and highlight the user account.
- Expand IT Admin and click Set Password and Lock Handheld.
To reset the password in the BlackBerry Administration Service in a BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP3 environment, follow these steps:
- Log into the BlackBerry Administration Service console.
- Search for the user account, and click the account name under the Display column.
- On the User Information tab scroll to the bottom and select Specify new device password and lock device under Device activation.
Note: The BlackBerry smartphone needs to have sufficient wireless coverage in order to receive this command from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
To verify the BlackBerry smartphone password change has been queued for delivery, see KB22782.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.