- BlackBerry® Internet Service
The message Insert SIM Card or error Data connection refused is displayed on the BlackBerry® smartphone.
If the above message or error occurs, please see the below checklist.
1) Confirm the SIM card has been correctly inserted or it has not slid out of position in the SIM card slot on the BlackBerry smartphone
Reposition the SIM card or re-insert the SIM card securely into the SIM card slot on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see the User Guide for your BlackBerry smartphone model.
2) Verify that data services have been provisioned for the SIM card
The BlackBerry smartphone user should check with the service provider that data services are provisioned correctly.
3) Confirm that the BlackBerry smartphone has been registered on the wireless network
Register the BlackBerry smartphone on the wireless network. For instructions, see KB00510.
4) Check to see if there is adequate signal strength for the BlackBerry smartphone
If the signal strength is weak (i.e., the signal strength indicator shows one bar), move the BlackBerry smartphone to an area with better wireless network coverage.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.