- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0 and 4.1
BlackBerry smartphone users are unable to view specific types of attachments on the BlackBerry smartphone. When the administrator tests the BlackBerry Attachment Service in the BlackBerry Configuration Panel, the BlackBerry Attachment Service fails.
BlackBerry smartphone users might not have the option to open any type of attachment on the BlackBerry smartphone.
The Distiller Settings in the BlackBerry Attachment Service are turned off or missing.
To resolve this issue, register the Distiller Settings in the BlackBerry Attachment Service by completing the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, navigate to Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Server > BlackBerry Server Configuration.
- In the BlackBerry Server Panel, click the Attachment Server tab.
- From the Configuration Option drop-down list, click Attachment Server.
- Verify that the distillers in Distiller Settings are all selected by selecting each check box beneath the Enabled column.
- Register the distiller .dll file of any missing specific file type by completing the following steps:
- Stop the BlackBerry Attachment Service.
- Perform a search for the distiller files BBDM*.dll
- Click Run from the Start menu and launch a command prompt.
- From the command prompt, navigate to C:\Program Files\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\AttachServer\BBDistiller.
- Type regsvr32 < distiller file name>.
- Start the BlackBerry Attachment Service.
- Open the BlackBerry Configuration Utility and click the Attachment Server tab to verify that the Distiller Settings are turned on.
Note: If registering the Distiller Settings in the BlackBerry Attachment Service does not resolve this issue, reinstall the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For instructions, see KB04200.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 and 4.1 contain the following distiller files:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 contains the following distiller files:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP4 contains the following distiller files:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP5 contains the following distiller files:
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.