- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.1 SP2 to SP6 for Novell® GroupWise
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1 SP2 to SP6 includes a Clear and Sync GroupWise System Address Book option in the BlackBerry Manager.
Selecting this option initiates the following two commands for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to run:
- The first command clears the MbAddressLookup table in the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
- The second command re-imports the database information by executing the GWSystemAddressLookup executable. The GWSystemAddressLookup executable processes the information against the primary Novell GroupWise System Address Book in the Novell GroupWise domain.
To initiate the Clear and Sync GroupWise System Address book process complete the following steps:
- Open the BlackBerry Manager.
- In the Explorer view, select a server.
- Click the Server Configuration tab.
- Expand Tasks and select Service Control & Customization.
- Select Clear and Sync GroupWise System Address Book.
Selecting the Clear and Sync System Address Book option on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server with active BlackBerry smartphone users temporarily turns off the Lookup function for all BlackBerry smartphones attached to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The Lookup function is turned off because the Clear and Resync System Address Book option deletes the entries that are referenced by the BlackBerry smartphones in the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
The GWSystemAddressBookSync executable and the options noted above are no longer present in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 Service Pack 1 for Novell GroupWise. The preceding operations are all covered by the existing option to Refresh available user list from company directory covered in KB17400.
This article contains information previously documented in KB11608.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.