- BlackBerry smartphones
When experiencing poor voice quality on the BlackBerry smartphone with incoming or outgoing calls, do the following:
- Call a fixed dialing phone number, for example an office or home phone number. If still experiencing poor voice quality, then please contact the Wireless Service Provider for further troubleshooting assistance.
To troubleshoot poor voice quality associated with signal strength on the BlackBerry smartphone, see the following:
- For troubleshooting steps on poor signal strength, see KB03024.
- The BlackBerry smartphone is not in an area of good coverage. To view a list of network coverage indicators, see KB02334.
- If the signal strength on the BlackBerry smartphone is good and the poor voice quality is from an incoming call made from overseas, then this is dependant on the country where the call was made.
- If the signal strength on the BlackBerry smartphone is good, but has poor voice quality for an incoming call or outgoing call made locally from a fixed dialing phone number or a mobile phone, contact the Wireless Service Provider.
- If the BlackBerry smartphone signal strength is fluctuating or is not acceptable in an area of good network coverage, test the BlackBerry smartphone with another Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card.
- Contact the Wireless Service Provider for further troubleshooting assistance.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.