- BlackBerry® Internet Service
- BlackBerry® Smartphone
To enable synchronization for deleted items on the BlackBerry® smartphone:
- Go to Setup.
- Select Email Settings or Email accounts.
- Login with your BlackBerry® Internet Service User Name and Password or select Internet Mail account.
- Highlight the email address and click Menu key.
- Select Edit.
- Select Synchronization Options.
- Check Deleted items box.
- Click Save.
There are three options for deleting email messages under wireless email reconciliation feature. They are as following:
- Handheld - Email messages are deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone. Messages remain in the email mailbox.
- Mailbox & Handheld - Email messages deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone are deleted from the email mailbox.
- Prompt - The BlackBerry smartphone prompts the BlackBerry smartphone user to select Handheld or Mailbox & Handheld.
To display the options for deleting email messages with wireless email reconciliation:
- Open Messages.
- Click the Menu key and select Options.
- Select Email Reconciliation.
- Select the Message Services field and select the email address to change the settings on.
- Select Delete On, and select one of the three options as per your requirement.
- Click the Menu key, and select Save.
Note: The wireless synchronization options for deleted items are not available for BlackBerry hosted email address.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.