- BlackBerry® Business Cloud Services
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
Here are some general troubleshooting steps that can be used for Address Book synchronization issues.
Verify that wireless synchronization for the Address Book is enabled on the BlackBerry® smartphone.
Complete the following steps:
- From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click the Address Book icon.
- Display the menu and select Options.
- The Wireless Synchronization field should be set to Yes. If it is set to No, change it toYes and save the change. In some cases where Wireless Synchronization is already set to Yes, switching the setting to No, saving the changes, then switching it back to Yes and saving the changes will allow proper synchronization to resume.
Verify that wireless synchronization for the Address Book is enabled in the BlackBerry® Manager or BlackBerry® Administration Service.
For the BlackBerry Manager complete the following steps:
- From BlackBerry Manager, select the BlackBerry smartphone user.
- In the Task Pane, select Edit Properties for that BlackBerry smartphone user.
- Under Properties, select PIM Sync and navigate to Wireless Synchronization Enabled. Verify that it is set to True.
- Scroll down to the Address Book section and verify that Synchronization Enabled is set to True.
- Click Apply and then OK. Check to see whether the BlackBerry smartphone user has Microsoft® Outlook® contacts stored in personal folders
For the BlackBerry Administration Service complete the following steps:
- From the BlackBerry Administration Service under BlackBerry solution management expand User
- Click Manage Users and search for the affected user
- Click the Display Name of the affected user
- Scroll down and under the Messaging configuration heading click Default configuration
- Click the Organizer data synchronization tab and under Address book verify thatSynchronization turned on is set to Yes, if not scroll to the bottom of the page and click Edit User, scroll back up to correct the setting, and then scroll back down and click Continue to user information edit and then click Save All
If the BlackBerry smartphone user has Microsoft® Outlook® contacts saved on the local hard drive in personal folders (.pst), these contacts will not be synchronized. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server can only access the BlackBerry smartphone user's Microsoft® Exchange mailbox and not locally stored files. If the BlackBerry smartphone user wants to synchronize these contacts, a wired synchronization using BlackBerry® Desktop Manager will be required.
Verify that fields (e.g., Company Name or First Name) in the contacts do not have special characters (e.g., "&" or "*").
If special characters are present in these fields, remove the special characters and re-synchronize the Address Book.
Verify that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Synchronization service is started on the server.
If the Synchronization service is stopped PIM data will not synchronize either way. Start the Synchronization service and test to ensure it is working.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.