- BlackBerry® smartphones
When attempting to open a Portable Document Format (PDF) file or a Microsoft® Word document (DOC) file using the Browser application on the BlackBerry smartphone, one of the following messages are displayed:
Unsupported media format /pdf
Unsupported media format /doc
On the BlackBerry smartphone, the Style sheets media type option is set to Screen.
To resolve the issue, perform the following:
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Browser.
- Open the menu and then click Options.
- Click Browser Configuration.
- Change the Style sheets media type option to Handheld.
- Open the menu, and then click Save.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.