- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager 4.5 to 5.0
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0
- BlackBerry® smartphones
When Bluetooth® wireless technology is used to pair a BlackBerry® smartphone with the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager in order to perform a wireless synchronization, the Synchronize Now option is unavailable. The BlackBerry Desktop Manager also displays a dialog box every few minutes asking the BlackBerry smartphone user to accept the BlackBerry smartphone connection with the computer via Bluetooth wireless technology.
Desktop Software may also display the following error:
BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device.
This issue may be caused by one of the following:
- Bluetooth connection between BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not a trusted connection.
- The computer is using a third-party Bluetooth stack.
Bluetooth connection between BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not a trusted connection.
Turn on a trusted connection in the BlackBerry smartphone settings as follows:
- Click the Options menu on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Navigate to Bluetooth.
- Highlight the pairing made with the BlackBerry smartphone and the computer, click the trackball, and select Device Properties.
- Change the Trusted option to Yes.
- Save changes.
The computer is using a third-party Bluetooth stack.
Contact the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to assist with configuring the computer to use the Windows® Standard Bluetooth stack.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.