- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
- BlackBerry smartphones
To load a network security certificate on a BlackBerry smartphone, complete one of the following methods:
- Download the root certificate from the certificate authority server to the computer.
- On the computer, right-click the root certificate.
- Click Install certificate.
- Click Next.
- Click Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse.
- Click Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Yes.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Certificate Synch.
Note: If the certificate synchronization tool is not installed on the computer, reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software using the custom installation option. During the custom installation, install the certificate synchronization tool.
- On the Root Certificate tab, select the certificate to download.
- Click Synchronize to load a certificate on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Use the Certificate Search application on the BlackBerry smartphone to query a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server and wirelessly download certificates.
View and wirelessly download a certificate from a web site that has the appropriate Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type set and uses the .cer file type.
The BlackBerry smartphone user can load certificates received as email message attachments.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.