- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
- Windows® Vista™
- Windows® XP
- Windows® 7
During the installation of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, the following error message appears:
Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete the installation before continuing this one.
Another Windows® Installer application is currently running, or may have created a registry key called InProgress. This key is located in HKEY_Local_Machine\software\Microsoft\Windows\Installer.
The error occurs when the Windows Installer service is is not working properly.
- Close any installations that are running in the background and resume the installation. If there are no installations running in the background, restart the computer and resume the installation.
- Delete the InProgress key and install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
To delete the InProgress key, complete the following steps:
Warning: The following procedure involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Windows operating system. Document and back up the registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
- Go to Start > Run
- Type regedit.
- Click OK.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Installer/InProgress.
- Delete the InProgress key.
Note: To perform the following steps, you must be logged in with administrator permissions.
- Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
- Under Computer Management, expand Services and Applications.
- Click Services.
- In the right pane, right-click Windows Installer and select Properties. To help find Windows Installer, sort the list of services by name.
- From the Startup Type drop-down list, select Disabled. By default, the Startup Type is set to Manual.Note: The Service status field is set to Started even though it is not running.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer. The Windows Installer service is now disabled and will not start with the computer.
- Repeat the previous steps but change the Startup Type to Manual.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.