- BlackBerry® smartphones
To return to a previous version of BlackBerry® Device Software, perform the following steps:
- Back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information see KB12487.
- Navigate to the computer's Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the current version of BlackBerry Device Software from the program list and click Change/Remove.
- Click Next.
- Select Remove and click Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Navigate to your service provider's web site and download the desired version of BlackBerry Device Software.
- Open the downloaded BlackBerry Device Software bundle and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch BlackBerry® Desktop Manager and start the application loader tool.
- When prompted to return to a previous version of BlackBerry Device Software, select Replace the device's applications with the older version provided by the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Complete the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.