- BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5 to 7.1
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1 SP5 to 5.0 SP4
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
Remote search for email messages allows the BlackBerry smartphone to do the following:
- Perform a Remote search of email messages in a personal mailbox on a messaging server.
- Search for email messages that match the search criteria and store these email messages in the message list.
- Retrieve more matches for a search or cancel a search in progress.
To initiate a Remote search for email messages using BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
- Open the BlackBerry Hub application on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Touch the Search icon.
- Type the desired search at the top. The smartphone will do a local search first.
- Scroll down to the end of the messages found with the local search.
- Touch the Remote Search option to initiate the remote search.
To initiate a Remote search for email messages using BlackBerry Device Software version 6 to 7.1:
- Open the messages application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the Menu key, select Search by and then Advanced.
- Change the Search Messages option from On device to Remotely.
To initiate a Remote search for email messages using BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5 to 5.0:
- Open the Messages application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the Menu key and select Search.
- Change the Search Type option from Local to Remote.
Only one search can be performed at one time. Subsequent searches will replace the currently running search.
A search can be performed by each of the following criteria:
- Folder - any folder contained in the folder list, including Sent and Deleted Items, as well as any non-redirected folders
- Name - From, To, Cc, or Bcc headers
- Read status - all or unread only
- Attachment - with or without attachments
- Message text
For Remote search to work in a BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Domino environment, full text indexing is required on the mail file. To enable full text indexing on the mail file, go to the database properties dialog, select the Full text tab, and click Create Index. For assistance in creating this index, please contact the IBM Domino administrator.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.