- BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 7 and earlier
When trying to launch the camera application on the BlackBerry smartphone, the following error message appears:
Could not launch camera application, close other applications and then try again.
There are too many apps are open on the smartphone or there is a problem with the camera hardware.
Complete the following steps:
Note: Be sure to test the camera app after each step.
- Close all open apps. For steps, see KB17235.
- Perform a hard reset. For steps, see KB02141.
- Use BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) to test the camera. For steps to download BBVE, see KB35973. If the camera fails this test, please contact your wireless service provider for assistance with repair or replacement options. If the camera passes the test, continue to step 4.
- Reload the BlackBerry device software. For steps, see KB03621. Warning: This procedure will delete all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up your data prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see KB12487.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.