- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
- BlackBerry smartphones
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2002 to 2007
When synchronization is configured or after any type of organizer data is synchronized, the following error message appears:
Runtime error - folder is no longer part of system data source or data could not be found
The BlackBerry smartphone user is trying to set up a connection to the Microsoft Outlook translator that is not associated with a .pst file or Microsoft® Exchange mailbox.
The default location for email message delivery is an online email address, such as Windows Live™ Hotmail® or MSN®.
The BlackBerry smartphone user is trying to set up a connection to the Microsoft Outlook translator that is not associated with a .pst file or Microsoft Exchange mailbox.
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
- Check that the BlackBerry smartphone user has data in the .pst file or the Microsoft Exchange mailbox.
- Create a new Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile directly to the .pst file or Microsoft Exchange mailbox. For more information on creating a MAPI profile, see KB02083.
- When configuring the synchronization process in BlackBerry® Desktop Manager, use the newly created MAPI profile. For instructions, see KB03650.
The default location for email message delivery is an online email address, such as Hotmail® or MSN®.
Change the location of the Microsoft Outlook email message for delivery. To do this in Microsoft Outlook 2003, complete the following steps:
- Go to Tools > Email accounts > View or change existing email accounts.
- Click Next.
- Change the Deliver new e-mail to the following location: option from the online email address to Personal Folders.
- Click Finish.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.