- BlackBerry® Storm™ 9500 series smartphone
- BlackBerry® Device software 4.6 to 5.0
The BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone uses SurePress™ touch screen technology to deliver a more natural typing experience – it simulates the feel of pressing keys on a keyboard. The screen permits two styles of input:
1. A soft touch allows the BlackBerry smartphone user to navigate the workspace, scroll through items, and change focus from one item to another.
2. A firm press will launch an action. This method of input is accompanied by a distinct tactile click.
The BlackBerry Storm smartphone has three types of keyboards depending on the orientation of the BlackBerry smartphone:
- SureType® technology keyboard (portrait orientation)
- Multi-tap keyboard (portrait orientation)
- QWERTY keyboard (landscape or portrait orientation)
Note: Portrait keyboard styles can be set in Options>Screen/Keyboard using the setting called Portrait View Keyboard.
Full Keyboard - Landscape orientation
- Displays numbers and mathematical symbols
Tip: To type several numbers in a row, lock the number keyboard by holding the number key (!?123) until 123 appears in the top right corner, then press the desired keys. To exit the number keyboard, press the number key.
- Displays symbols
Tip: If using a keyboard in portrait view, access more symbols by pressing the symbol key again.
- Capitalizes the next character typed when pressed once
Tip: To type several capital letters in a row, press and hold the Shift key (a small lock appears on the key), then press the desired keys.
- Deletes characters to the left of the cursor
- Begins a new line
Tip: To hide the keyboard, slide down, or select Hide Keyboard from the menu.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.