- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6
- Windows® XP to Windows 7
- Double-click the BlackBerry Desktop Software executable file.
- A self-extractor process occurs. Once the process is complete, the first splash screen for Install BlackBerry Desktop Software appears as shown in the following image. Click Next to begin the setup process.
- Select the country or region in which you are currently located and click Next.
- In the License Agreement window, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Next to use the default directory for the software or select Change if you want to use a different destination for the install.
- You have now reached the end of the Installation Wizard. To complete the installation, click Install and check the box if you would like a short cut to be placed on the desktop.
- The installation may take several minutes to fully complete.
To install the Certificate Synchronization service with the BlackBerry Desktop Software, complete the following steps:
- Select the Custom installation option and click Next.
- The Custom setup screen appears. If an X icon appears beside Certificate Synchronization, this means that it is not installed on your computer. Click the X icon, and then click This feature, and all sub-features, will be installed on local hard drive.
- Click Next, and then follow the instructions beginning with Step 7 above to complete the installation procedure. This may take several minutes.
Note: Certificate synchronization service is currently not available in BlackBerry Desktop Manager v220.127.116.11 Bundle 21.
For more information on this, please refer to KB23666.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.