- BlackBerry® Desktop Manager
- BlackBerry® Device Software
To install or update device software on a BlackBerry® smartphone without using BlackBerry® Desktop Software, complete the following steps:
- Download and install the appropriate BlackBerry device software from your wireless service provider. (To choose the correct wireless service provider, navigate to the following link: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.)
- When the installation is completed, start the Application Loader Wizard
For computers using a 32-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:
Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click Loader.exe
For computers using a 64-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:
Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader and double click Loader.exe
3. Follow the online steps in Application Loader.
Note: The BlackBerry device software can also be updated wirelessly through a BlackBerry Enterprise Server device software configuration (KB20556) or via the wireless service provider through the device options menu, as long as the provider supports it.
Application Loader will automatically back up and restore the BlackBerry smartphone without BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.