- BlackBerry App World™ storefront
- BlackBerry® smartphones
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server administrators can use the following IT policy rules to allow or prevent BlackBerry smartphone users from using BlackBerry App World™ storefront, and downloading third-party applications.
Disable BlackBerry App World
- Specifies whether the BlackBerry App World application is disabled on the smartphone.
Note: This will be located in the Security policy group.
- False - The BlackBerry App World application functions as normal within the confines of other IT policies.
- True - Prevents the BlackBerry smartphone user from accessing the BlackBerry App World application.
Disallow Third Party Application Downloads
- Specifies whether the BlackBerry smartphone user is allowed to download third-party applications (not authored by Research In Motion® (RIM®))
- False - The BlackBerry smartphone user is allowed to download third-party applications.
- True - The BlackBerry smartphone user is not allowed to download third-party applications.
The BlackBerry App World™ storefront IT policy rules should be available under the BlackBerry App World Group in the IT policy list. If they do not appear, see KB17809 for instructions on how to import them.
The new policy will be located under Security policy group > Disable BlackBerry App World within the IT policy settings.
The default value is No.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.