- BlackBerry® Client for IBM® Lotus® Connections 2.5
You can use the BlackBerry® Client for IBM® Lotus® Connections to stay connected with other IBM® Lotus® Connections users from your BlackBerry device. You can build a network of contacts and share your expertise with people in your organization by updating your status, participating in blogs and communities, contributing to activities, searching for information, and more.
You can send and receive email messages and use other applications on your device while the BlackBerry Client for IBM Lotus Connections is running. To use the BlackBerry Client for IBM Lotus Connections, you must have a user name. If you do not have a user name, contact your administrator. Depending on your organization, some features might not be available.
New features and enhancements
Updates list - You can now perform the following actions:
- View a list of updates across your network and organization.
- Add an update to or delete an update from your Saved Stories list.
- View details about an update.
- View related updates for a tag.
- Email a person who added a status.
Status and Comments - You can now perform the following actions:
- Update your status.
- View your status updates or status updates for your network.
- View a person's status. If the status is truncated, you can click the status to view the full status.
- View comments on and add comments to a person's status or board.
- Delete your status, comments on your status, and comments that you made on other people's
- Email the author of a status.
Profiles - You can now perform the following actions:
- View a person's status.
- Add tags to a profile.
Network - You can now perform the following actions:
- View a list of people in your network.
- Invite people to join your network.
- View, accept, and decline invitations to join a person's network.
- The new default view for the Home screen in the BlackBerry® Client for IBM® Lotus® Connections is the Top Updates list.
- The new default view for the Profiles screen is the Status Updates list. If there are comments on status, a number in parentheses "( )" appears near the status update.
- The profile spacing has been increased to improve the readability of contact information and field
For more information see the Distributing the BlackBerry Client for IBM Lotus Connections to BlackBerry devices section in the BlackBerry Social Networking Application Proxy for IBM Lotus Connections - Installation and Configuration Guide which can be found at http://docs.blackberry.com
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.