- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry App World™ storefront
When third-party applications require a license key, a message screen appears once the download completes which will display the license key. BlackBerry® smartphone users can copy the license key by selecting Copy from the menu, which will copy the license key to the clipboard.
Once the application is run for the first time, BlackBerry smartphone users can then paste the license key into the application. This is only required the first time the application is run on a BlackBerry smartphone.
Should a BlackBerry smartphone user not remember to copy the license key, it is also available in the My World screen within the Application Details for reference. If a BlackBerry smartphone user switches to a new BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry smartphone user must log in to My World to see the purchased application and its associated license key information.
To locate the registration key, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the My World section of BlackBerry App World.
- Highlight the affected application.
- Press the Menu key (to the left of the trackpad/trackball).
- Click the View registration key option.
- A small window will pop up with the registration key. Click Copy.
- Launch the application and, when prompted, paste the registration key into the field.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.