- Blackberry smartphones
Profile notifications do not happen when a message is received on the BlackBerry smartphone.
The Profile database on the BlackBerry smartphone has become corrupt.
Perform the following troubleshooting tasks:
Task 1 - Verify that the correct notification settings are selected
- From the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Profiles.
- Highlight your active profile and click the Menu Button.
- Click Edit.
- highlight Messages.
- Click the Menu button and select Edit.
- Verify that the correct Messages notifications are configured in your profile settings.
- Click the Menu button and select Save.
Task 2 - Clear the Profile database on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click Backup and Restore and then click Advanced.
- From the list of Device Databases, select the Profile database.
- Click Clear.
- In the Warning window, click OK.
- Disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone and perform a hard reset
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.