- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 to SP2
- BlackBerry® Storm™ 9530 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphone
When attempting to open a voice mail message using the Verizon® visual voice mail application, the following error appears:
Required permissions for Visual Voice-Mail cannot be set probably due to an IT Policy. Recording needs to be set to allowed.
The visual voice mail application is attempting to access the recording application programming interface (API) on the BlackBerry smartphone.
To set the application control policy to allow the visual voice mail application to access the recording API, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the BlackBerry Administration Service.
- Expand the Software menu.
- Click Create an application control policy for unlisted applications.
- Type a name for the policy and click Save.
- Click the new policy.
- Click the Access settings tab.
- Click Edit application control policy.
- Change the Is access to screen, microphone, and video capturing APIs allowed to Allowed.
- Change the Is access to the GPS API to Allowed.
- Send the new application control policy to the affected BlackBerry smartphone users.
Note: If a software configuration does not currently exist, follow the instructions from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administration Guide to create a blank one and assign the application control policy created from the preceding steps.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.