- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry App World™ storefront
When logging in to BlackBerry App World™, the BlackBerry® smartphone user receives the following error message:
Unable to authenticate user at this time, please try again later.
Problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error ID: 580036) or (Error ID: 569013)
Complete the following steps until the problem is resolved:
Step 1 - A credit card that was previously on the PayPal account has expired or been removed.
Add a valid credit card to the PayPal account.
Step 2 - The wireless service provider is in a country that is not supported for paid downloads.
Read article KB17659 to verify whether the wireless service provider is in a country that is supported.
Step 3 - The PayPal pre-approval agreement has not been accepted.
- Log into appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
- Select My Payment Options along the top.
- If PayPal is already selected, click Modify to the right. If not, select PayPal from the Change Payment Option To: listing and click Next.
- Click Pay with PayPal.
- On the PayPal preapproval page, login with the PayPal account to use for the payment source.
- Select Approve to agree to the PayPal preapproval agreement (Note: This is required. A charge will not be applied to the PayPal account. This is to set a maximum payment limit for account protection.)
- A confirmation page will be displayed.
- Once returned to the Change Payment Method page, select an available option along the top to modify additional BlackBerry ID information, or click on the Apps or Games link to browse the BlackBerry App World catalog. (Note: Clicking Next will proceed to change the payment options to the selected source indicated in the bottom.)
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.