- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0
When installing or opening a third-party application such as Telenav or VZ Navigator, the BlackBerry smartphone user is prompted to change the application permissions to allow the application to function properly. This occurs only when the BlackBerry smartphone is activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
There are application permissions set to Prompt or Disabled that need to be set to allow within the application control policy set by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Complete the following steps:
- Under BlackBerry Solution Management, expand Software.
- Select Create an Application Control Policy for Unlisted Applications.
- Name the application control policy NewApp and type a description of the application control policy.
- Click Save.
- Click View Application Control Policy List.
- Click the NewApp application control policy.
- Click Edit Application Control Policy.
- Select the Access Settings tab.
- In the list, change all the settings to Allow, and click Save All.
- Go to BlackBerry Solution Management > Software > Applications > Create a Software Configuration.
- Use NewApp as the name and description.
- Set the disposition for unlisted applications to Optional.
- Set the Application Control Policy for unlisted applications to NewApp using the dropdown box.
- Click Save.
- Go to BlackBerry Solution Management > User > Manage Users.
- On Manage Users page, leave all fields blank, and select Search at the bottom right.
- On the page that lists the BlackBerry smartphone users, click Manage Multiple Users.
- On Manage Multiple Users page, chose the BlackBerry smartphone user that requires the new software configuration, and click Add Software Configuration.
- On the next page, selected NewApp, and click Save.
- Once updated, select Back to Manage Multiple Users, and select the BlackBerry smartphone user account that you wish to apply the new policy to and resend the IT policy to the BlackBerry smartphone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.