- BlackBerry® Desktop Software for Mac
- BlackBerry smartphones
To use the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager to clear data from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone by USB cable to the Mac computer.
- If the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not configured to open automatically when the BlackBerry smartphone is connected, open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Once the BlackBerry smartphone appears as connected, select the Device menu at the top of the screen.
- Select Clear Data.
- Select the desidred to be cleared:
- To clear all data, select the All data option.
- To clear individual or selected databases, select the Selected data option, and then select the check box beside the databases that are to be cleared.
- A backup of the BlackBerry smartphone can be completed prior to clearing the data if necessary. To back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
Note: By default, backup files are saved on the Mac computer to ~/Documents/BlackBerry Backups (Where ~ is the user's home folder).
- Select the check box beside Back up data before clearing.
- Type the file name for the backup file in the Backup File Name field.
- To encrypt the data in the backup file, select the check box beside Encrypt backup file.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.