- BlackBerry® Storm™ 9500 smartphone
- BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0.0.x
This is not an issue on the BlackBerry Device Software. This had been implemented as part of the design change and an expected behavior.
In order to display the keyboard on the BlackBerry Storm smartphone Home Screen, perform the following:
- Click Options.
- Select the Screen/Keyboard menu option.
- Scroll down and assign Virtual Keyboard to either the Right Side Convenience Key Opens: or Left Side Convenience Key Opens: option.
- Save the changes by escaping from the Screen/Keyboard menu.
- Return to the BlackBerry Storm smartphone's Home Screen.
- Click either the Left or Right Side Convenience Key.
Note: The Virtual Keyboard triggered using the Convenience Key will only display when the device is in portrait mode and that the background is partially visible with one, two or three rows of icon or the Today's theme selected.
If in landscape or portrait mode with all the applications icon displayed, the virtual keyboard will not display unless triggered again by using the Convenience Key (mentioned in the above steps).
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.