- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry App World™ storefront 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199, and 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
The following error message appears when BlackBerry App World™ storefront is started:
BlackBerry App World™ is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World™ server. Verify your network connections and try again.
Complete the following steps until resolution is completed:
Step 1 - Validate the most current version of BlackBerry Appworld is installed.
Update to the most current version of BlackBerry App World™ which can be found at www.blackberry.com/appworld
Step 2 - The account setup for the BlackBerry® ID has not completed.
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. A resolution is currently unavailable.
Note: See the workaround at the bottom of this article.
Step 3 - BlackBerry® Smartphones with BlackBerry® 6 have a setting that will permit insecure renegotiation which has been incorrectly set.
- Change the setting to permit insecure negotiations by completing the steps below:
- From the Home Screen of the BlackBerry smartphone select Options
- From the Options menu select Security
- Next, select Advanced Security Settings
- Select TLS
- If the box labeled Permit Insecure Renegotiation is unchecked, then click on it to check the box to enable this setting.
Complete the setup of the BlackBerry® ID by performing the steps below:
- Go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
- In the upper right area of the website, click the Sign In link.
- This will open a BlackBerry ID login page. Use the BlackBerry ID credentials to log in.
- If the account page or sign up page is presented, complete the details for this to finish the BlackBerry ID registration process.
Note: See KB25594 for further instructions.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.