- BlackBerry smartphone with Enterprise and Prosumer services
- BlackBerry smartphone with Prosumer services
- BlackBerry smartphone associated to a Wi-Fi® access point with Internet access
If the BlackBerry smartphone is restarted and does not have data access after restarting, the authentication to the BlackBerry Infrastructure will not be successful until wireless data coverage through the wireless network returns.
To determine if the BlackBerry smartphone is not authenticating to the BlackBerry Infrastructure over Wi-Fi, complete the following steps:
- From the Home screen, click Manage Connections.
- Select Wi-Fi Options.
- Press the Menu key, and then click Wi-Fi Tools.
- Select Wi-Fi Diagnostics.
- Scroll down to the BlackBerry Infrastructure section and confirm that the settings Connecting, Authenticating Router, and Authenticating Server all have a green check mark to the right of the listing.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.