- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange 5.0 SP1
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Transporter
- BlackBerry smartphones
- DT 499393
After using the BlackBerry® Enterprise Transporter to move BlackBerry smartphone users from BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP1 to a different BlackBerry Enterprise Server, contacts are removed from the BlackBerry smartphone.
If this issue occurs after the migration, perform one of the following options to restore the user's contact information to the BlackBerry smartphone:
Option 1 - Trigger off the slow synchronization process to resynchronize the Address Book contacts to the affected BlackBerry smartphone
For BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and earlier
- On the affected user's BlackBerry smartphone, navigate to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
- Locate and delete the Desktop (SYNC) service book.
- Resend the service books from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Wait for the slow synchronization process to complete.
Option 2 - Reactivate the user on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Log in to the BlackBerry Administration Service.
- Click Manage Users and search for the affected BlackBerry smartphone user.
- Click the Display Name of the affected BlackBerry smartphone user in the BlackBerry Administration Service.
- Under Device activation,
- Click Specify an activation password, and specify the activation password for the affected BlackBerry smartphone user.
- Click Generate an activation email to generate an activation password, which will be sent to the affected BlackBerry smartphone user's email account.
- Reactivate the affected BlackBerry smartphone, using the activation password that was specified or generated.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.