- BlackBerry® Professional Software 4.1 SP4
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP2
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP2
- BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter
The BlackBerry® Enterprise Transporter allows an administrator to move BlackBerry smartphone users from one BlackBerry domain to another. BlackBerry smartphone users do not need to security wipe and activate their BlackBerry smartphones over the wireless network after the accounts have been migrated.
The following options will allow the migration of BlackBerry smartphone users from BlackBerry® Professional Software 4.1 SP4 to BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft® Exchange 5.0 SP2 or BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 to 5.0 SP2.
Option 1: Migrating BlackBerry smartphone users to BlackBerry Enterprise Express for Microsoft Exchange.
- Use the BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter to migrate users over to the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange server. For additional information, please review the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange 5.0 product documentation
- Note: The Enterprise Transporter only moves BlackBerry smartphone user profiles on the source domain over to the destination domain. Other items stored in the source database such as software configurations, and IT policies will not be migrated over and will need to be re-created on the destination database.
Option 2: Migrating BlackBerry smartphone users to BlackBerry Enterprise 5.0.
- Perform a knife edge cutover of the BlackBerry Professional Software to new hardware. Refer to KB10278 for more details.
- Perform an in-place upgrade to a supported BlackBerry Enterprise Server version.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.