- BlackBerry® Internet Service
- BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0
To clear contacts in a Gmail® contact list on the BlackBerry® smartphone, please complete the following steps:
Note: Gmail is known as Google Mail™ in some countries.
Note: Back up the BlackBerry smartphone. For assistance creating a backup file, see KB12487.
- From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options > Service Books.
- Highlight the <username>@gmail.com [SYNC] service book. Press the Menu key and choose Delete.
- Open Contacts on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Press the Menu key and click Options.
- Type RSET in the Contacts options (this can be typed anywhere in the Contacts Options screen).
Note: For the BlackBerry® Storm™ smartphone and BlackBerry® Storm2™ smartphone, press the Menu key to Show Keyboard.
- The following prompt appears: Wireless synchronization for <username>@gmail.com is not enabled. Wipe contact list anyway?
- Click Yes.
If the BlackBerry smartphone is active on a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, the following prompt appears: This will erase your Desktop contact list and reload it from your server. Continue?
Select No and follow the steps in the Overview section to clear the Gmail contact list.
To completely remove the Gmail® contact list itself from the BlackBerry smartphone contact options, a security wipe is required.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.