- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP1
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP1 does not support upgrades or migration to or from any other product line.
Note:The BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter is not supported for use with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP1. It is supported, however, for use with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP2. For more information, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express documentation available by clicking here.
To move a BlackBerry smartphone user to BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express 5.0 SP1, the user must be removed from the existing BlackBerry Enterprise Server and then added to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express server. To do this, complete the following steps:
- Delete the BlackBerry smartphone user account from the current BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- Back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Remove all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone by using the Wipe Handheld option.
- This step is required. For further information about using the Wipe Handheld option to remove data and applications from a BlackBerry smartphone, see KB04533 .
- Add the BlackBerry smartphone user as a new user on the destination BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express.
- Activate the BlackBerry smartphone.
- For an explanation on how to activate a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express, see KB21124 .
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.