- BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0
- DT 496359
When content protection is enabled on the BlackBerry® smartphone and Short Message Service (SMS) text messages are received from multiple senders, the smartphone may show all the received messages in the same conversation thread.
- User A has content protection enabled on the smartphone.
- User B sends an SMS text message to User A.
- User C sends an SMS text message to User A.
- Both SMS text messages will be listed in the same thread and appear to have been received from User B.
- If User A attempts to reply to the SMS text message from User C, the reply will go to User B.
When content protection is enabled on the BlackBerry smartphone, one of the items below can cause this behaviour:
- An issue with encryption results in the wrong source messages being associated with a conversation thread.
- The smartphone does not have smart dialing settings defined.
- For the BlackBerry® Pearl™ 9100
- For the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900, BlackBerry Curve 8520, BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000, BlackBerry Bold 9700
- For the BlackBerry® Storm™ 9500/9530, BlackBerry Storm2 9520/9550, BlackBerry Bold 9650, BlackBerry Tour 9630, BlackBerry Curve 8530, BlackBerry Curve 8350i
- For the BlackBerry Curve 3G (9300)
For information on how to upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software, see KB03901.
If the BlackBerry Device Software listed in the Resolution section is not available from your wireless service provider, complete one of the three possible options below:
- Downgrade the BlackBerry Device Software.
- Disable Content Protection.
- Delete all SMS text messages from the combined SMS thread.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.