- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 SP1 for Novell® GroupWise®
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 Service Pack 1 for Novell GroupWise will only run in Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) mode.
The following two ports are used:
- The SOAP port. This port is used to communicate with the Novell GroupWise Post Office. The default SOAP port is 7191. This is the default port which the Novell GroupWise Post Office Agent (POA) uses when SOAP mode is enabled.
- The Listening Port. This port is used to receive events sent by the Novell GroupWise POA to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The default listening port is 9000.
These ports are vital for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to maintain the ability to send or receive messages.
If the SOAP port for the Novell GroupWise POA is changed, or set to something other than what the BlackBerry Enterprise Server is configured to use, then the BlackBerry Enterprise Server will not be able to communicate with the Novell GroupWise POA. Similarly, the Novell GroupWise Post Office communicates back to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server on port 9000, the default listening port; if there is a port conflict on this port, it will cause the events sent by the Novell GroupWise POA to be dropped.
To change the SOAP port or the listening port, complete the following steps:
- Log into the BlackBerry Administration Server using the default URL (hostname= Computer hostname where BAS is installed: https://hostname:443/webconsole/login)
- Navigate to BlackBerry Solution topology.
- Select BlackBerry Domain.
- Select Server view.
- Select BES hostnamename.
- Click Instancename_Email.
- The Instance information tab under the Novell GroupWise server information contains the settings for the ports which can be edited.
- For changes to take effect, restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.