- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Mac OS
To use Bluetooth® technology to pair a BlackBerry smartphone with a Mac computer, complete the following steps:
- Open System Preferences on the Mac computer and select Bluetooth.
Note: To have the Bluetooth icon appear on the menu bar of the Mac computer, select Show Bluetooth status in the menu bar.
- Click the + button.
- Click Continue on the Bluetooth Setup Assistant Welcome screen.
- On the Select Device Type screen, select Mobile Phone from the list, then click Continue.
- On the Bluetooth Mobile Phone Setup screen, wait until the Mac computer completes a search of Bluetooth devices within range, then select the BlackBerry smartphone from the list and click Continue.
- When the Mac computer completes gathering information about the BlackBerry smartphone, click Continue.
- When prompted to Enter numeric passkey for <Mac Name>, type the passkey that is displayed on the Bluetooth Setup Assistant.
Note: There is a limited amount of time for this step. If necessary, click Continue and then try again.
- When prompted to Accept connection request from <Mac Name>, click Yes.
- Click Quit.
You can also then configure your BlackBerry smartphone to trust connections from the Mac computer.
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options and select the Bluetooth option.
- In the Paired Devices area, select the connection to the Mac computer. Then, press the Menu key and select Device Properties.
- Select the Trusted option and set it to Yes.
- Press the Escape key and select Save.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.