- BlackBerry Internet Service
- BlackBerry smartphones
To change the password for the BlackBerry email address on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 5.0, complete the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, click Email Settings. (Note: Email Settings may be located in the Setup folder or on the home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone)
- If required, type the current user name and password to log in.
- Select the BlackBerry email address and click Edit.
- Scroll and expand Login Information.
- Input the old, new, and confirmation password.
To change the password for the BlackBerry email address on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 6 or BlackBerry 7, complete the following steps:
- On the home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Setup.
- Select Email Accounts, then select Internet Mail Account.
- Select the required email account.
- From the pop-up menu select Edit.
- Expand Login Information.
- Confirm the current password in the Old Password field.
- Enter the new password in the New Password field.
- Enter the new password again in the Confirm New Password field.
- Press Menu and select Save
To change the password from the BlackBerry Internet Service web page, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the BlackBerry Internet Service web site specific to the wireless service provider.
- Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account.
- Select the Edit option beside the BlackBerry email address.
- Select the Change Password option.
- Type the old password and then the new password, and then confirm the new password.
- Select the Save option.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.