- BlackBerry® 6
App Error 602 appears on the BlackBerry® smartphone during a variety of activities.
A Java® process has terminated and the BlackBerry smartphone cannot continue to operate in a normal manner.
Ensure that the smartphone is running the most current version of BlackBerry 6. For more information on this procedure, see KB16068.
If the error message persists, or if the smartphone is already running the most current version of BlackBerry 6 , further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.
Perform a hard reset by removing the battery from the smartphone and reinserting it. For more information on this procedure, see KB02141.
If the error message persists, perform a reload or upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software. For more information on this procedure, see KB10144.
Note: To assist in capturing the error details, contact support while the error is still displayed on the smartphone. If possible, do not reset the smartphone or attempt to reload the BlackBerry Device Software until enough information is captured for a full investigation into the cause of the error.
To assist with diagnosing these types of issues, provide as many of the following details as possible:
- What is the frequency of the issue?
- Is the issue easily reproduced or does it occur at random?
- If the issue is able to be reproduced, make note of the steps to take to reproduce the issue.
- Is there a specific application or function being used when the issue occurs?
- Have you experienced any issues with the smartphone as a result of the error message, such as being unable to use the browser?
- Have you recently updated the BlackBerry Device Software or other applications?
- When was the last backup performed of the data on the BlackBerry smartphone?
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.