- BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0
- BlackBerry smartphones
- DT 785937
When opening Organizer within BlackBerry Desktop Software, the address book or calendar shows as not installed. However, address book and calendar are both still accessible on the BlackBerry smartphone. Address book may show duplicate entries on the BlackBerry smartphone. This issue can occur after performing a wireless software update on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Perform the following steps:
- Back up the data on the BlackBerry smartphone. See KB12487.
- Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option. See KB14058.
Note: Steps 3-5 are for BlackBerry Internet Service Users.
- Turn on the wireless network under manage connections to register with the network. See KB13201.
- Resend Service Books for your BlackBerry Internet Service email account. See KB15402.
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Organizer and select the option to Reset Settings.
- Click on Configure Settings and reconfigure the synchronization settings. Address book (not installed) or Calendar (not installed) will no longer be present following this step.
- Perform a selective restore of the backup file, excluding the affected database. For instructions, see KB10339.
- Perform a synchronization.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.