- BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Novell GroupWise
- Novell GroupWise 8.0 SP2 and later
When troubleshooting Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) issues with BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Novell GroupWise, review the raw XML passed in transactions between the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and the Novell GroupWise Post Office Agent. This data can be obtained through a network packet capture using Wireshark, or with Novell GroupWise 8.0.2 and later, enabling SOAP trace logs in the Post Office Agent web console.
Note: Increasing the logging level to Verbose, as well as enabling SOAP logging, will consume more disk space where the Post Office logs are stored. From this point forward and until disabled, the SOAP requests will be saved in XML files stored in the same directory on the Post Office as the Post Office Agent logs.
To enable SOAP logging on the Novell GroupWise Post Office Agent one of the following methods must be done:
- The Novell GroupWise 8.0.2 Post Office Agent must have the HTTP console enabled with a configured HTTP user name and password.
- Verify this in ConsoleONE under GroupWise Agent Settings > Enable HTTP.
- Access the HTTP console at http://PostOfficeIP:SOAPPort
- Click Configuration > Log Settings.
- The Log Level needs to be Verbose as a minimum to access the SOAP Logging Options.
- To set this, choose Verbose and click Submit.
- Enable the SOAP trace logs.
- Under SOAP Logging Options, check Log SOAP Trace as well as Show SOAP Requests and Show SOAP Events, and click Submit.
Change the registry setting on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server as shown below:
- The registry location to configure EnablePOATracing and the associated debug logging: HKLM\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\GroupWise
- Name: EnablePOATracing
- Type: DWORD
- Decimal Value: 1
For more information on enabling network packet capturing with Wireshark, see the following knowledge base article titled How to use Wireshark to capture a packet trace for troubleshooting SOAP issues.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.