- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry App World storefront 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 4.0
- DT 598148
- DT 890291
- DT 2653912
- BlackBerry App World prompts the BlackBerry smartphone user for log in credentials when Payment Options is selected or to log in to My World. After entering an email address and password, the log in page or account information page reappears and continues to loop.
- BlackBerry App World presents the BlackBerry App World Addendum when attempting to download an application or when logging into My World. After accepting the agreement, the screen reverts back to the application. When further attempts are made to download the application or to log into My World, BlackBerry App World Addendum is presented again and will continue to loop.
To resolve this issue, update to the latest version of BlackBerry App World by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld/download from the smartphones browser or a computer browser.
Once the BlackBerry App World application is updated on the smartphone, it is recommended to confirm that the BlackBerry App World account setup process has been completed. To confirm this, complete the following:
- From a computer, go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
- In the upper right area of the BlackBerry App World site, click Sign In.
- At the sign in page, enter in the desired BlackBerry ID account information.
- When logged in:
a) If the BlackBerry App World setup screen is displayed, continue with Step 5 to complete the setup process.
b) If the BlackBerry App World Featured Items screen is display, the setup is complete and you can finish with these instructions.
- Complete the on screen setup steps 1 through 3 if required to do so.
- Once Step 3 is completed, click the Next button to continue.
- Click the I Agree button to accept the BlackBerry App World Terms and Conditions.
- One of the following 2 screens will be presented:
a) If the email address used is detected to be associated to a PayPal account that used to make purchases in BlackBerry App World 1.x, a screen will be presented requesting to transfer those purchases to the new BlackBerry ID. Click the Pay with PayPal button, then complete the requested steps to validate the PayPal® account and transfer the previously purchased applications.
b) If no previous purchases are detected, select the method of payment to use when purchasing applications in BlackBerry App World, or select I do not wish to enter payment information at this time if continuing with no payment method selected. Click Next to continue.
Note: A payment source can be selected or changed at a later time. For more information on this, see KB23717 for BlackBerry smartphones or KB26621 for BlackBerry PlayBook.
- On the BlackBerry Account Confirmation screen, click Finish to complete the account setup.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.